Baghouse Dust Collectors are the best choice for dusts of larger grains or particle size, or when collecting materials which are more difficult to clean from filter media. The best way to select the baghouse for the application is to start by looking at the dust being collected. If you look at just the number of filters or air-to-cloth ratio you will probably be disappointed by the results. Understanding the type of dust as well as the moisture or oil content, temperature, airflow loadings, duty cycle duration and other factors will enable us to provide you with the best solution for your dust collection needs.
We are in business to sell dust collection solutions, not products.
Types of dust include:
- High temperature dusts
- Dusts that are hygroscopic (absorb moisture from the air)
- Larger dust sizes (greater than 50 microns)
- Dust-laden airflow with higher grain loadings (over 5 grains per cubic foot)
- Dusts that have a tendency to form films that solidify
- When hydrocarbons are present in the airstream, the same problems may occur.
For these types of applications, baghouses are recommended because the dust cake may require flexing before the cake will burst. Some examples of dust that are collected using fabric filter baghouses are:
- Fly ash
- Stringy or irregularly-shaped dust
Total Air Energy Solutions can supply you with a variety of different baghouse styles, specifically sized and selected for your application. Styles include:
- Top Removal
- Bottom Removal
- Small Enclosed (Indoor/Outdoor)
Another consideration for any baghouse system is dust storage. Total Air Energy Solutions will work with you to determine which method is best for your application.
Waste Removal Solutions include:
- Closed Loop Transfer System to haul away bin or trailer including multiple vessel storage options
- Raised hopper for discharge directly into bin
- Screw conveyor to storage bin
- 55 gallon drum or waste bag